Τετάρτη, Σεπτεμβρίου 03, 2008

Idiot Food

Been eating idiot food for 14 days, I've had diarrhoea and stomach aches, but none of this compares to how ill I felt when we decided to call it a day and the woman in Summerfields, she keeps complaining that I'm looking ill, she says "stay away from those convenience foods", she says "they're gonna be the death of you", but what's the point in anything but money, we're gonna write a song like Coldplay, we're gonna creep into the top 40, we're gonna tour until we hate each other's guts, and when the record company's facing mass redundancies because the second album fails to be everything it should I'll say I'm sorry.

On Tuesday night she called me on the phone and said this thing ain't good for me, like idiot food will 'cause obesity, this thing was always doomed to be something that gets inside of me and leaves me incomplete, like Esther Ransom without the teeth or like, I dunno a New Order book with just one picture of Peter Hook, and there's loads of Bernard Sumner, and that's okay but somehow it feels wrong, like a greatest hits but without the hit song... which is there case would be, I dunno, Blue Monday, True Faith... oh what's the point in anything but money, we're gonna write a song like Coldplay, we're gonna creep into the top 40, we're gonna tour until we hate each other's guts, and when the record company's facing mass redundancies because the second album fails to be everything it should I'll say I'm sorry and disappear, or 12 maybe 15 years, pretend we're dead perhaps, we can put all our cash into a trust fund under someone else’s name and start again somewhere better, somewhere hotter, I'll learn the drums you can learn the guitar, we'll write songs about things that don't really matter like the way that our bodies are slowly growing fatter, and the sun's too hot and there's nothing on the telly and I walk into pubs and no-one recognizes me - I wanna look them in the eye and say HEY! HEY! I was on Jools Holland for two or three weeks, I must have exchanged pleasantries with at least three members of the Kaiser chiefs, and Jo Wiley was there and she gave me a look that said "You'll never be great but your songs are quite good, and me and my ex-boyfriend used to play them in bed and I can't get the feeling from out of my head, when you're stood there on stage, that he's still there beside me and we're living in some kind of alternative reality, and we never had to share out the CDs and argue about which one's where his or mine and we're both doing fine and this song means nothing".

Οι Super XX Man εχθές, οι Superman Revenge Squad σήμερα.. Σπινταριστή folk με εξαιρετικούς στίχους από το Croydon της Βρετανίας και το one man project του κυρίου.. Ben. Μόνο με τον τελευταίο στίχο θα διαφωνήσω..


Superman Revenge Squad - Idiot Food [box]


lastfm.png hypem.png skreemr.jpg myspace.gif elbows.png

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: